Mountain Clans Reunion and "Trail of the Lonesome Pine" outdoor drama - 50th Season
"You are also welcome if you have interest in Appalachian culture, history, genealogy, story-telling, poetry, or artistic expressions of all the above."
If you are a descendant or relative of Devil John Wright, Joel Wright, Marshall Benton Doc. Taylor "The Preacher", Talt Hall, Claib Jones, or Ira Mullins; It's time to register to attend the "Mountain Clans Reunion". Let's celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the outdoor drama of "The Trail of the Lonesome Pine". Spread the word to all your relatives. Let's have some fun and learn about our unbelievably amazing ancesters.
From July 11-14, 2013
From; Big Stone Gap, VA. - The Pound, VA. - then Jenkins, KY.
"View or Print" our FANTASTIC Program/Schedule
After 7/8/2013 all Registrations must be completed at the gate
Registration at the Gate / Events /Activities
You may select the items you like and pay securely on-line - Just select the item(s) and Click the "Add to Cart" button:
Order T-Shirts (design above)
If you prefer, you may prepay any of the following by personal check in advance
- Mountain Clans Reunion Registration Fee(s)
- $25. Couple
- $20. Individual
- Free 16 Years of age or younger
- $25 each couple+ $5 each member of your party over 16 Years of age
- Golf Registration (Donation) To Benefit "Trail of the Lonesome Pine" Outdoor Drama.
For those that prefer to pay by check - Mail Payments to :
Steve Conley - 12215 Welling Hall Road - Doswell, Va. 23047 - - - - - - - - - - - -Questions about Your Purchase: (804) 687-4447
We are making every effort to keep your cost to a minimum. However you may make a tax deductable donation and also mail it to Steve Conley. All donations are very appreciated!
- Tee Shirts / Slate Gray with Mountain Clans Reunion Logo in - adults "L, XL, or XXL and youth M or L
- $18. each - all sizes
- Mountain Clan Hats, and Patches available soon.
Please make checks payable to "Mountain Clans Reunion"
(If paying for more than one item, please include a list of what your check covers.)
Sold separately (Please Purchase the following on-line) -
Trail of the Lonesome Pine - Tickets - Outdoor Drama
Click for Online tickets - Purchase either - Thu. 8PM, Fri. 8PM, Sat. 8PM performances... Buy in advance to assure the date you like.
List of hotels with address and phone numbers and special rates
Please contact the lodging of your choice to make reservations
Reunion attendees should call and ask for the "Devil John Wright REUNION" special rates as described below:
- Comfort Inn of Big Stone Gap VA $77 per night or $125 for a Suite. 1928 B Wildcat Rd - Big Stone Gap, VA, US, 24219(276) 523-5911
- Holiday Inn Express in Norton, VA - same deal and rates, but Junior Suite at $99.- 1051 Park Ave SW - Norton, VA 24273 (276) 679-6655
- Best Western of Wise, VA - right at $75 for a regular room ($74.95?), and no suites available there. 124 Woodland Dr SW Wise, VA 24293 (276) 328-3500
- If these hotels have NO Vacancies, Click here for a Hotel Search of the area.
View Devil John Reunion Map in a larger map
After you click the Devil John Reunion Map link above, You can Click "Get Directions" from any "blue baloon", and enter your starting address for interactive directions and a related map. You will need to use you back arrow button top left to return to this page
Click above to follow us on twitter
Kudos and many thanks to:
- Dr. Steve Conley - Reunion Organizer and Producer
- Patricia "Patty May" Brashear - Family Historic authority
- Nancy Wright Bays - Family Historic authority
- Judy Bock - Family Historic authority
- Jane Brookman - Technical advisor & Registration authority
- Tony Wright - Outdoor Consultant and Networking
- Jack McClanahan - "Sparkplug"
- Tim Fotsch - Web Design, Developement, & Implementation
- Lynda Hubbard - Consulting Historic authority
- Nancy Clark Brown - Consulting Historic authority